Role and Mandate
The role and mandate of NCPD is spelt in Legal Notice No. 120 contained in the Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 68 dated 29th October 2004. NCPD is mandated to undertake the following functions:
- Research and analyze population issues and develop policies relating to population
- Provide leadership and mobilize support or population programmes, including coordination and implementation by different organizations
- Assess the impact of population programmes and make recommendations arising from such assessment
- Identify and advise on population issues that may not be adequately or appropriately dealt with by the government
- Create public awareness on population and development issues in Kenya Undertake viable advocacy activities aimed at achieving support on certain population concerns.